Article Review: The Perfect Squat

0 comments

Skinny Girl's Quest for Muscle
Article Review: The Perfect Squat

The May issue of Outside Magazine featured a great article on how to do The Perfect Squat. As it happened, I was reading the article one evening as bedtime reading. But, the suggestion that I should stand three inches away from a wall, facing the wall, to do a squat was so outlandish that I had to try it. I hopped up out of bed and stood barefoot, in my pajamas, 3 inches from the wall and attempted a squat. It took a minute for me to decide how to "squat" in that position without landing a nose plant into my freshly painted bedroom walls. On the first try, instead of nose plant, I almost fell over backwards. On the second try, I got it right! What a great technique! Since then, I've been using what I learned at the gym perfectly balancing my squats on the backs of my legs and staying off of my toes.

Outside Magazine's article is definitely a highly recommended read for perfecting technique:

Outside Magazine The Perfect Squat
http://outside.away.com/outside/bodywork/200905/perfect-squat-1.html



Until next time, go do something athletic!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories