One Week Worth of Healthy Meals (updated 8/17/2009)

0 comments

Skinny Girl's Quest for Muscle
One Week Worth of Healthy Meals

Updated: 8/20/2009

In my last post, I challenged myself to create a menu plan for 1 full week. Good news--challenge met.

I tried to stick with non-processed foods but threw in an easy meal (canned vegetarian chili) on Sunday evening that I can swap for another day during the week if I run into a time constraint--well, and I really like vegetarian chili. It tastes like bad food, without being so bad. Perhaps if I make it through the week without needing to swap in the easy meal, I'll be motivated enough on Sunday to make homemade chili instead.

My rules were to include a pre and post workout on lifting days (Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday). I also tried to pack in half the day's calories in the first half of the day in attempt to fuel my day, not my sleep. I also targeted about 113 grams of protein per day (see previous post about protein.)

Here are the menus:

Monday


Tuesday


Wednesday


Thursday


Friday


Saturday




(click on images to open source if the right sides are cut off by page width)

Now, with my shopping list in hand, I'm off to the gym for my Sunday workout followed by a quick trip to the grocery store on my way home.

Until Next time, go do something athletic!








old Thursday, Friday and Saturday/Sunday (before changing to Friday Workouts)--matches the shopping list:

Thursday (old)


Friday (old)


Saturday/Sunday (old)

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories