Checking In On My Meal Plan Progress

0 comments

Skinny Girl's Quest for Muscle
Checking In On My Meal Plan Progress

So -- it's been almost two weeks since I embarked upon my weekly menu planning. How did it all work out? All in all, pretty darn good. First, with a plan up front, it was very easy to stay within my guideline foods and nutritional values. I didn't have to think about my meals at all during the day. The full plan development and shopping did consume a coupe of hours on Sunday. And, each evening, I spent another half hour at most putting together the next day's breakfast, snack, and lunch into my lunch sack (and popped it in the fridge). On the negative side, I found it hard to eat all of the foods in the menu. As a result, I cut down the calories slightly for the following week.

To test the plan, I tracked 4 days of eating (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) and came up with the following 4-day, daily averages:

Calories: 2047.3 kcal, 102%
Protein: 109.3 grams, 95%
Carbs: 279.4 grams, 96%
Fiber: 39.2 grams, 112%
Starch: 22.3 grams
Sugars: 98.5 grams
Fat: 56.4 grams, 97%
Saturated Fat: 15.3 grams, 102%
Monounsaturated Fat: 20.4 grams, 127%
Polyunsaturated Fat: 21.4 grams, 134%
Omega-3: 3.2 grams, 214%
Omega-6: 17.9 grams, 596%
Trans-Fats: 0.0 grams, 2%
Cholesterol: 220.6 mg, 110%
Vitamins: all above 100%
Minerals: all above 100%

All of the above are very close to target levels. My vitamins and mineral intake was well over target for most, but I'm not too concerned about those nutrients being on the high side. What I would like to tweak is the Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio. Omega 6 is too high for the Omega 3 levels--creating an imbalance.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories